Senior Web & App Developer
Lyquix, Philadelphia’s award winning digital agency has an opening! We are looking for a Senior Web & App Developer to work on ongoing digital projects (websites and apps) for a wide array of clients including nationally recognizable brands. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical foundation, shows self-motivation and willingness to learn, have leadership skills and has the ability to work in a dynamic environment and team-oriented setting.
- Development of new client websites and apps, by working through the whole project from discovery, requirements definition, coding, and testing.
- Maintenance and ongoing enhancement of existing client websites and apps.
- Provide general support to clients and team members.
- Keep track of performed work and input information in project management systems.
- Attend internal and client meetings or conference calls when needed.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields.
5 to 7 years of overall software development experience.
At least 5 years of experience in frontend development, converting designs into pixel-perfect websites and apps, across browsers and device types.
- CSS preprocessors like LESS, SASS, SCSS
- Mobile, responsiveness, and cross-browser development
- Performance and load time optimization
- SEO, usability, and accessibility concepts
At least 5 years of experience in backend development of websites and apps.
- Development of templates and custom plugins, and administration of sites on WordPress, Joomla, or similar CMS
- Development of integrations to 3rd party systems.
- Code versioning systems like git.
- Linux operating system, bash command line, and scripting.
- Web servers concepts, like Apache or Nginx.
- Networking and server concepts.
- npm and NodeJS
- Website hosting setup, administration, and troubleshooting. Cloud providers lie Linode, AWS.
- Optional but desirable: mobile apps development with Cordova, Ionic, or similar frameworks.
- At least 3 years of experience in client-facing roles.
- Ability to translate client requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to clearly communicate with non-technical clients.
- Participate in project update meetings and sales support activities as needed
- Creative problem solver
- Organized, disciplined, analytical, detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills, both in verbal and written forms
- High-standards and professional appearance / behavior
- Thrives working with a multi-disciplined team
- Seeker of knowledge and new challenges
Working at Lyquix
We have created a dynamic and enjoyable work environment where everyone feels welcome and appreciated. We are always striving to improve ourselves – we are hungry for knowledge, and are always learning and expanding our skills. Whether working on client projects or internal initiatives, we never find ourselves bored. We stay flexible and agile, working on multiple projects for a diverse array of clients. We find satisfaction in doing things right, helping our clients business succeed, and building trustworthy and long-term relationships. And we never forget to enjoy food, drinks, and laughs together.
We value the contribution of all our team members, and we all participate in the success of Lyquix. We offer a highly attractive compensation package that include:
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance bonus
- 401K plan and 1-to-1 contribution matching up to 5% of annual salary
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental, and vision group insurance benefits
- Health savings account, and flexible spending accounts
- Prescription savings card
- Public transportation benefit (if applicable, as needed)
- Company-issued laptop and mobile phone
- Access to discounts on tickets, electronics, travel, auto, clothing, dining, home improvement, and more
- Flexible remote working